Step 1: Make sure you meet our eligibility requirements.
We are now accepting applications for the Summer High School student volunteer program. Applications are due by Friday, May 13th. Applications will not be accepted past this date for our Summer program but will be considered for Fall. The Summer High School student volunteer program starts on Monday, June 20th and ends Friday, August 26th.
You’re eligible to be a volunteer at Salem Hospital or West Valley Hospital if you:
- Are 14 years or older.
- Have good grades.
- Have good communication skills.
- Provide great customer service.
- Have positive references from others.
- Are motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
- Are able to commit to a regular, weekly shift for six months.
- Are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (and provide proof).
Step 2: Watch the online information session video (about 45 minutes)
Volunteering is a serious commitment, and we want you to be sure it is right for you! You will be learning about your next steps, so you are well on your way to your new volunteer position.
Click here to watch the information session.
Step 3: Complete the online application