Salem Health Social Media Guidelines
Salem Health recognizes the importance of new communication channels (i.e. new and social media) for engaging our community in a real and meaningful way. We are also committed to upholding the ethical, legal, and regulatory standards of the health care industry.
In order to ensure productive communications that are consistent with our mission and public commitments, we have put in place the following basic guidelines and disclaimers (below) to help you understand how we will use social media platforms.
Guidelines for the Public
- We welcome your mentions, messages, replies, tags and retweets, and we’ll do our best to respond to questions. There may be some questions/comments we cannot address, including questions directly related to personal health information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), financial matters, ongoing legal matters, regulatory issues, or certain other elements of our business.
- Comments should be relevant and on-topic. Other readers expect the comments about a post to deal with the topic at hand and advance the conversation. We will leave what you share that relates to the subjects covered on the page. If your comment is not relevant to the post, we may hide or delete it. Inappropriate or offensive comments also may be deleted.
- We may remove any content posted to our channels that engages in personal attacks or harasses, threatens, defames, abuses or otherwise violates the legal rights of others. Additionally, we will delete profanity, spam, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit and discriminatory materials. We will remove any spam, software or programs that might damage someone’s computer. In the most egregious cases, we may block and report you.
- We reserve the right to remove false, misleading, infringing, or unlawful material or information.
Guidelines for Salem Health Employees and Associates
Before engaging on Facebook, or on any other social media site, make sure you have read and understand Salem Health’s Social Media Policy and other policies relating to our patients’ right to privacy. Never share confidential, private or identifying information about a patient on social media.
- Following or being followed by the account of another entity by Salem Health (or any Salem Health profile, account or department) does not indicate an endorsement of the account owner or their products and services.
- Salem Health may provide links or references to other sites as part of its posts. However, Salem Health claims no responsibility for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of this platform.
- Salem Health reserves all rights relating to the Salem Health social media accounts including, but not limited to, all rights to add, remove or modify any content or material posted on the account, discontinue the account, accept or reject those who may wish to follow the account and respond to any questions or comments addressed to the account.
See all Salem Health social media accounts.