Visitor restrictions in effect starting Jan. 10
Jan 10, 2017, 12:36 PM
User Not Found
To protect patient safety in the midst of flu season, Salem Health's Infection Prevention department has implemented the following visitor restrictions.
- Only the people needed to give support to — and care for — patients should visit.
- No visitors under the age of 12 will be allowed.
- Do not visit if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is, even if you do not feel ill now. The flu virus can be in your body a week or more before symptoms show.
- All visitors should wash their hands, cover their cough, and limit traveling around the campus as much as possible, and use a mask if they have a cough or flu-like symptoms.
- Visitors are encouraged to use our tissues, masks and hand hygiene supplies (including hand sanitizer foam pumps). They’re located in stations all around campus.
- Visitors should be screened for upper respiratory infections when possible and are required to wear masks when visiting patients.