Injured on the job?
Salem Health’s Work Injury Management (WIM) clinic is a one-stop shop for treating on-the-job injuries. Once a doctor refers you to the program, you can expect:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy, including hand therapy
- Work conditioning customized to your job description
- Coordination of treatment with progressive return to work releases
- Physical and work capacity evaluations
- Ergonomic and injury prevention techniques specific to job demands
- All required closing data completed at discharge or upon request
We help you maximize your safe return to work by simulating your job requirements during therapy. Whether you have to lift, carry, push, pull, climb ladders, crawl, stack, transfer patients, or perform overhead work, we have all the specialized equipment to simulate, problem solve, strengthening, and train to help you return to work safely.
One example is our BTE Primus machine, a versatile computerized tool that can simulate hundreds of job tasks to measure and train your physical performance.