Salem Health West Valley Volunteer Services scholarship
Salem Health West Valley Volunteer Services is accepting applications for its annual student scholarship award. Graduating high school seniors from Polk County pursuing medical or health-related fields may apply.
While applicants must be from Polk County, their future educational institution does not have to be in Polk County. Scholarships will be made payable to the recipients’ college and winners will be notified within two weeks of the award.
If you have questions, please call our volunteer services coordinator at 503-623-7323.
Salem Health West Valley Volunteer Services is a longstanding group of citizen volunteers who partner with the hospital to engage the community through activities and helps support future health care professionals through auxiliary scholarships.
- Annual scholarships are awarded to deserving and promising graduating seniors from Polk County high schools who plan to pursue a career in a medically related field.
- Applicants must have a declared and sincere intention to pursue medically related courses in higher education after graduation from high school.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.
- Applicants should have a record of regular school attendance.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated respect for law and order and good citizenship.
- All application information must be submitted by April 30, 2017, to be considered for the scholarship.
- The scholarship grants will be $1,000.00 each. Payment will be made directly to the director of the Financial Aid office of the university/college accepting the student.